WeddingScan is an intuitive wedding registry application that allows you to register for ANY item, at ANY store simply by scanning a product's barcode with the WeddingScan iPhone app. If a product doesn't have a barcode, WeddingScan allows you to take a picture of it and add a brief description.
Launched in June 2010, this application and companion website unify and simply the wedding registry process by closing the gap between physical store registries and online registries. After downloading the WeddingScan iPhone app and registering for a free account at WeddingScan.com, users can go to any store, whether a major department store or a small locally owned store, and scan the barcode of an item on their iPhone. The item's information is then collected and categorized in the couple's WeddingScan registry, both on the iPhone app and the website. This means that couples have only one registry for which to invite guests, no matter how many different stores they visited to register items.
When visiting the registry of a couple at WeddingScan.com, guests can either purchase the registered item from one of Amazon.com's numerous and trusted vendors and retail store partners, including Target and Macys, or choose to buy the item later in the store it was registered.
WeddingScan was developed to give engaged couples the freedom to register on their terms, whenever they want, wherever they want, and whatever they want. With flexibility and simplicity, this easy-to-use iPhone application offers a cohesive, fully contained wedding registry in the palm of your hand.
- Register ANY product at ANY store by scanning a barcode or manually entering the item.
- All items scanned include geolocation so friends and family can see WHERE you scanned the item.
- Management of your registry from the iPhone app or online
- Easy and powerful invite tools for telling your friends and family about your new WeddingScan registry via Facebook, email, mail, etc.
- Notifications - be notified when people purchase products for you (push notifications coming soon).
- Dozens of wedding resources and tips directly from the iPhone app or WeddingScan.com
For support, contact